Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Toddler theories & Christmas Crafts 101



Once a week Poohey and I try to sit down and have a dedicated Mommy & daughter craft day, during the holiday season it's more fun because you can create lots of texture and it really get's the creative juices going; in this week's case it got my daughter expressing herself in some interesting ways!

We are sitting at the table making cotton ball Christmas art and dipping & sticking with glue and she tells me her fingers are spiders see and does crawly movements with her fingers full of glue tack and cotton hairs. We are talking about the angel we are decorating and I ask her well does the angel need cotton balls any where else? and she reply yes here and sticks one where the angel's nose use to be and says "now she's a monster angel!"
On Wed Poohey takes Tot tumbling and Nick was going to be home so I asked her should Daddy come and watch you , and she replied," No Mommy he is just a man and you are the Mommy and I'm the Poohey and daddy's don't go to dance, Daddy can't come. To which I was shocked at how much she processed the fact that our class is almost all Mother/Daughters, So I replied well that's ok if Daddy's come too and she said no it's not, they don't come to dance class!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

"No Mommy he is just a man and you are the Mommy..." this line cracked me up.

And the pictures are too cute!

I think I'm going to be signing Ella up for the same classes soon.

punkymom said...

let me know we might repeat it, nothing else until Poohey is 3, we are looking in Rkfd to see if anything in dance offered, but La could do dance after her birthday. What are your holiday plans?

Jenny said...

OMG Family family family - we'll have three days of Christmas at least.

punkymom said...

and New Years?