Friday, September 15, 2006

Could it would it possibly be that Poohey needs no Chewy!!??

This week began in a almost usual way, Child getting over a concussion,getting over a day of cake and A Excellent football game and hope the win continues. Ordered and recieved my dress for Vegas and discover as usual right before a family holiday Poohey starts cutting new teeth!! On the definate up side Poohey went on the potty 5 times the last day 1/2 and only used Chewy at one bedtime this week and we only had one teary night without it the other nights I said your a little girl now and learning to be a big girl, and you can go to sleep at naps without it and in the car without it and really you just don't need that anymore that's how the first night began. I have to tell those of you that don't know me she turned 2 in August and my goal was to have it gone by then a couple of illnesses later, and one attempt to gradually prepare her by telling her that our new twin baby cousins needed them and it would be really nice to give them hers that resulted in a teary conversation with her Daddy out of the blue on her swing and I quote "Daddy me keep 2 Chewies me not want to give to babies, I just want 2 chewies, pleease." We felt so awful we caved. + I thought it would be too much to take it while potty training, I picked my battle and patience won out! As I say all this I realize at any moment it all could change, especially with the impending trip & first flight so I do plan to have a couple just in case. Oh and to funny one of my Mother's co-workers is going too that day to Vegas same flight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be strong when you are changing anything in your childs life. Don't always cave, because in the end you are only hurting yourself not her. When she cries, she won't remember what she was crying for the next day and definatly next week. It is always a few days of tears followed by years of enjoyment. You are doing great, just stay strong! Alittle advice from me:-)

punkymom said...

She is still without chewy and now she thinks it's a great funny joke to say I want chewy she breaks out in a laugh and follows it by no that's silly!