Monday, September 11, 2006

Excitement & Perspective

This past weekend definately began with a bang, it was the bang of my poor little Poohey's head hitting a boot bench in my hall and ending up needing to go to the after hour clinic, which resulted in a head xray and a diagnosis of a possible minor concussion and a every 2 hour wake up during the night, which made for a very lazy sat,that was followed by a really busy sunday!! We went to The Tot house and celebrated a 3 yr old birthday and had pizza and cake. I got to see Tatertot's beautiful dresses. Which I personally loved the sparkely dress!!! While I was at the Tot's house I got a new perspective on my relationship with my husband, we were sitting around talking about the trip and cute things our kids do when I told them all about this cute/sassy thing I taught my Poohey, my Nick is a little on the uptight side about certain things and this thing I taught her borders on getting under his skin, They all got a kinda suprised look on their faces when I said , oh you know we all have the little things we do to each other and responded kinda quietly no,we don't do that deliberately. and I'm ashamed now to say that is why I taught her this, we have a couple little things we do to get to each other and mainly it's because we had our trials in our relationship this last year and as a result we have taken turns taking digs at each other, but until yesterday I thought it was mostly one sided on his part. We use to have a relationship of perfect respect the kind you hope you have with your best pal, he use to be that pal. We are trying to get that back by working on our negative behaviors and can say since our little ladies shopping trip (that night we had a blow up where it came to ahead and the air was cleared) we have shown that we can find that friendship again. So don't be in fear Tot's and Bombadee's you and your families are not going to be exposed to a constant argument and disfunction between the 2 of us while in Vegas. Our fences are mending quite well with a little non-aware good example help from some friends. If anything this trip will be even more theraputic for us being around some healthy relationships.
Well anyway the evening ended with a tailgate at some friends house, my husband and our friend having their own example of a really wild Casserole night, ending with my husband almost passing out on our family dog. He's trying to get his drinking tolerance back up as am I and well from this description I think you can see how it's going.

No comments: