Monday, June 12, 2006

Victorian Ice Cream Social/Mean Girls/New friends

Well the weather was dull this weekend but good times were held for those whom became creative, Saturday it was in the form of Grease, trail mix with M's, egg cartons, pipe cleaners, glitter & paint which put together is a really wild time with a almost 2 yr old ! We danced and sang OOH OOH Baby , One I want! and made bugs excuse me"pretty icky bugs!". Then Sunday we got together with friends; Erwin, Jeanie & Choo Choo and decided to stay local instead of going to Baby Loves Disco like we originally planned for a variety of reasons, But thanks to Bomba for the idea of the Ice Cream Social, we had Rootbeer floats, and cookies and played with Victorian toys and danced to Rockabilly & Jazz and then went for pizza at the kids request and it was a old neighborhood place for myself and Erwin, had red wine and got giggly making plans for the future.

Recently I have been going through some self discovery, trying to figure out who I am now that I am a Mom and who I want to be around in this journey I've met some great new friends and figured out that some of my old friends were not so great! Which really puts me in a sad place because I'm figuring out they are just MEAN! I'm trying to decide do I end these friendships because they are one sided, me always being the listener and only being exposed to parts of there lives because in some way I'm not good enough for the other parts, other friends have decided since I'm not childless and jetset fancy free I'm boring. Or am I being as selfish as them? So what do I do? redefine what a friend is to me and do a little excluding myself! The thing that finally broke the camels back was a series of events and then a article I read on clicky Mom's , Then I said wow that sounds all to familiar. Why can't people see differences as a interest in a person instead of judging? It really sucks when people don't see how important it is to be a good friend! Tomorrow I'm meeting with some ladies from a forum I go to, I think it will be fun! We are meeting in the burbs.

2 comments:

punkymom said...

Thank you! Let's getour families together some time we can come to you guys even.

Jenny said...

Tater Tots right, it's the quality in your life not the quantity.