Wednesday, November 22, 2006

When in crisis borrow a Grandpa! Then wish his Dad happy 80th Birthday!!!

Yesterday Poohey and I ran all our pre- holiday errands and got our hair cut and so forth; during this process this required a 2 yr old to be fairly composed in a busy hair salon for 2 hours! She was a gem pretended to help paint Mommies hair, sat still for her hair and played toys and ate sugar melons and colored while waiting for Mommies turn to be done. Let me just say my kid requires at least a hour nap each day still or it is a really long night she had 20 min up till the salon and she is teething, tolerated going to the mall's candle store and Goodwill without getting anything for her and then crazy me I thought I would push the envelope and drag her to the big grocery in town for my stuff for my dish to pass. That is where she finally melted down and couldn't find her way to sit in the grocery cart and was too tired to walk, just when it was turning into a public spectacle of major proportions in walks a familiar face Grandpa Bombadee and he proceeds to tell her how well no wonder she won't get in that cart it's the wrong one to which I was confused he pulls up another one and say this is the one for special princesses! With a slight bit more persuasion she got in and cuddled me we got our stuff and got the hell out of there!! But in the brief conversation we had he told me he was there also for festivities but not just Thanksgiving but his Dad was turning 80 and he was making candy. So Have a great time Bombadee's and a very Happy 80th Birthday to Great Grandpa Bombadee!!! So obviously I give thanks for the suprise of a friendly face! Plus all the other wonderful things in my life and even the not so wonderful things because it's not whether it's good or bad it's the fact that we can have the experiences and feelings of living.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Dad told me all about it when he got here last night. Cute cute cute! He has such a way with the kids.

BoomBoom said...

Very nice story...some people just have a way with children. It's a gift.