Tuesday, October 10, 2006

There's a virus going around!

There is a virus going around among our children called the grumpies it seems to attack only 2-3 yr olds and the afflicted's parents. The best cure I've found is to go on long car rides where the ending is extreme fun, in our case 1 day is see our friends the Souffle's on Sunday and go to the Zoo and see all our favorite animals and have kissy & tickle attacks in the car on the way and back. I have yet to discover the cure but as of this morning I have laid a very grumpy child down for a morning nap which is usually unheard of in this house and have been able to light a scented candle and really clean my kitchen, except for the floor; mop is at other house. Another unheard of thing is me blogging in the daylight typically this doesn't happen. Tonite I get to start a Curves with Ms. B whom I think should be the new and improved Mac & Chz since we discarded the other one, I'm not a big believer in their program but any exercise is better than very little. I walk a lot so I don't think I really burn calories with that much at all anymore, I plan to start yoga back up also. This Curves program is for only 4 weeks 4x's a week and is cheap!! Plus it is a test program so if we complete the the time we get our money back.

Our auction was on saturday and as usual with most auctions things you expect to go for a lot don't and things that do your floored by. Like our skeleton $2,300.00, our bed was pretty good, Our Primitive cabinet that I thought was in crap shape did well, But my buffet was a disappointment. But the biggest disappointment of the day was the house which we declined the offer on because it was, well insulting! So we are going to give it a week for the other interested parties to think on and if no news then we list it. I always say everything happens for a reason. In the mean time I need to get truck and finish moving the furniture that we need over here so I can unpack and get a dumpster to get rid of 38yrs of shit and maybe prepare for a spring garage sale, since some items were missed for the sale. Big plans in the mean time clean a basement, make a den, playroom, guest room, laundry/mudroom. Slipcover a couch and chairs and paint and decorate a living room, Clean out, paint and finish decorating a upstairs guest bedroom and make it into a guest bedroom/office for me. Paint a dining room,entry,our bedroom and bathrooms. Remove wallpaper from a kitchen and paint and reface cabinets and put in new flooring in kitchen and entry, whew I think I have plenty to keep busy for the winter.

But I am totally looking forward to the Tot Halloween party for which we WILL be attending for sure now YAHO! I think we have a costume figured out I'm just waiting on input from Nick on it. I also need a sitter to come and stay at the hotel down by Tots for the night too. I'm all good in the kid's costume area she is going to be a Bumble Bee.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Do you need Anne's #? Give me a call if you do. Tell Heather Hi for me. Sorry I couldn't go, I'll be in Colorado this weekend.

BoomBoom said...

WOW, what a list! You have way more ambition than I my dear.

Funny coincidence...I start at Curves tonight also.

BoomBoom said...

I bid on a package for the Curves membership fee and two months at a Breast Cancer Benefit Luncheon and actually won the bid. I paid $35 for the $152 value.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE bargains!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great workout at Curves! I'm looking forward to four more weeks! Hopefully we will both see some big gains, I mean losses:)
Jaime

punkymom said...

It was pretty easy! I'm not that sore at all, But Vegas did a number on my weight! I'm more than at the last prego weigh in!! Mrs. B is a blast to work out with because it seem we would feel self concious at the same time and make faces or crack jokes. Oh but I failed to put on the list Poohey's room too, but thats just painting and hanging stars on the ceiling and 3-d bug stickers.