Monday, June 26, 2006

Pagent Princess


Well as you know I asked for everyone's opinion on what Pirate Poohey should wear for the pagent, she ended up wearing a white linen dress with pastel "bubbles" on it and had pigtails and her entertainment was doing her "Elmo dance which consisted of a Asian Welcome Dance with chopsticks and her version of tap dancing "Heel Toe". Poohey was not afraid of the stage or audience but was not thrilled with the lady putting a microphone in her face and gave her a dirty look and then turned to the audience and said hi to all she new by name.She and all the other contestants recieve a Headdress(not thrilled about) and a stuffed horse. The winners recieved a 50.00 savings bond, very thrilled about! Everyone had pics for the local paper.
I felt I must add that I also was not thrilled with the name of the "mascot" but I looked at the costume and found it harmless as far as political implications with the exception of the headdress which was the same as the one's handed out a childs rainbow feathered and very fake! I also have in-laws that are Native American and I asked their opinion on the situation and there's was that since there isn't anything rude and they are using it to show a positive influence in the community they personally glad it's being used for education, but maybe in the future it would be nice if it was more historically correct with a real Native American name. I also agree!

1 comment:

BoomBoom said...

Ahh...I see the pic now. That dress is adorable!